What does it mean for us?
Jesus said, “I came to give you life and life in all its fullness” (John 10:10) If we truly consider life, health, family, job – everything we have – as gifts from God (James 1:17) then as freely as we’ve received, freely we must give (Matt 10:8).
We give our time, talents, prayers, and money not because we have to, but because it is our response to the one who has given us the gift of life and all the side orders as well (2 Corinthians 5:15). Giving is about giving what the Bible calls “first fruits” – in other words, before we give to anything or anyone else, we give to God. He gets our best.
Why Give to St Luke’s?
We encourage all those that consider St Luke’s their home church to commit to giving of their time, prayers and money. We consider giving as a way of life for everyone in our community.
There are plenty of good reasons to give to other places, but here are three to give to St Luke’s:
- Our money both follows and reflects what we truly value. If you are invested with your life, time and friendship here, then why not also invest financially?
- No one else will give to St Luke’s. Others will give to plenty of worthy causes, but only people committed to St Luke’s will give to the things to which St Luke’s is called.
- We are not financially supported by the Church of England or any other church. In fact, the reverse: we contribute to a bigger pot (The Common Fund) to support churches in areas of London where there is significant deprivation.
Where does the money go?
In addition to the Common Fund we have to raise all the funds to run all the ministries of the church. These include hubs, courses, events, kids work, and services as well as that which supports these ministries, like the upkeep of the building and our staff team. Everything you see, hear and experience at St Luke’s has a cost.
How do I do it?
In order to wisely steward the financial resources we have, we encourage people to give by standing order, which instructs your bank to make a regular gift to St Luke’s from your account.
You can give in the following ways:
- online at give.net
- in person on Sundays
- by mail – download the form on the right and send to the office address below
- through the ‘Lepton’ app (Apple / Android) – download & set up your giving in 3 simple steps.
Additionally, if you are a UK taxpayer, please sign the Gift Aid declaration form that allows us to receive an additional 25% added to your gift through HMRC.
Each year we designate a portion of our annual budget to give away to those outside our community. We do this because we believe that God has called us to be generous in supporting the work of other organisations and individuals. If you would like more info on this, or are interested in applying for funding, please contact Simon Watkinson (email@example.com).
Those who have given to us.
The St Luke’s Older People’s Project only exists through the generous help of our funders. We are so grateful for the support of the following businesses, foundations, trusts, community organizations and local authorities.